Thursday, 5 February 2015

CHEEKY PICK




My make-up routine has had a complete re-ramp lately in hope for a fresh, dewy look to reflect how desperate I am for Spring to start which you'll see in my up and coming posts and the blush I've been wearing every single day since I got it is Nars' Lokoum cream blush. It looks like a deep pink or red in the pan but in reality is a warm coral shade with a really subtle shimmer. It gives a really gorgeous pop of colour to the cheeks and gives my face a really fresh, healthy look. It also has obvious raspberry and copper tones that are visible in the pan, it probably changes on different skin tone, on me it appears more pink than coral and despite the dark appearance in the pan, looks fresh and summery, great for anyone missing the sun. 

The cream formula means it looks super natural but it has quite a velvety texture that gives a slightly powdery finish and it's really pigmented so a tiny amount gives a gorgeous flush of colour but could be built up where the slight 'redy', brown tones give an almost sun kissed look to the face.  The shimmer is very subtle and you can hardly notice it which is great for anyone with shimmer fear like me but still gives a nice glow which complements the slight powdery finish nicely. 

Overall this is such a gorgeous blush that adds a touch of summer to any make-up routine in theses dark, winter months but the deeper tones means it still works well for this time of year. It has become an absolute favorite of mine and wish I'd bought sooner.