Friday, 16 January 2015

ON THE GO


When on the go it can be easy to over pack and end up with a bag full of beauty products and many, many bobbles yet still not ever have what you need when you need. Getting into the habit of emptying my make up draws into my bag whenever I leave the house has made it very difficult for me to make the transition to using smaller bags as I just can't bring myself to even empty my bag let alone downsize it. 
 But I've finally got myself to create a little bag essentials collection that can be transferred from one bag to another that contains all those super useful and more importantly necessary products that work great when on the go.

  • The boring stuff- This includes all those little bits I just can't leave the house without; bobbles, plasters, clips and paracetamol. This is for all those shoe rubbing, hair messing, head aching emergencies that happen when out and about.
  •  I always travel with a hand cream, it's just essential, but they can often be space wasters which is where my extremely large collection of minis comes in handy. My two favourites are L'Occitane's Shea Vanilla and Burt's Bee's almond and milk.  Despite my love of Burt's Bee's it can be a little greasy which is something that's worth baring in mind if your considering it for a handbag option but for me the great scent makes up for that completely. 
  • The next essential has got to be a good lip balm and no surprises here, it's Radial's stem-cell, super-food lip balm. This is such a great, super nourishing lip balm that keeps my lips plump and soft and the tube packaging means it's great to apply in a rush. 
  • When on the go I still want to smell nice but I don't always want to lug around a full size bottle of perfume but I also don't want a sickly sweet aerosol so I either turn to roll able perfume which I just think are so great or I turn to The body Shop who don't just do mini perfume bottles but also do solid perfumes, a great handbag option as there is no risks of leaks and spillages in the bottom of your bag.    
  • For those daily face top-ups I always like to carry around my Urban Decay's Flushed palette, great for a full cheek top up and the robust, metal packaging and big mirror makes it perfect for in my bag.  
  • When it comes to my hair I only ever carry hairspray when I've curled my locks as usually I just tie it up if it starts getting on my nerves, I just can never be bothered but when I do I really like Kerastase's extra strong hairspray, which I have a mini of. 
The only other thing I usually throw in my bag is the lipstick I'm wearing that day in case of a smudging incident, other than that this is everything I need in my handbag and it's been great to have the extra space.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I read and appreciate all your comments...