Thursday, 8 January 2015

BATH & BODY



 January, my least favourite month. Dark, cold and no longer Christmas. It's safe to say that I'm suffering from the winter blues, and when I am, a great pick me up is a hot, bubbly bath and full body pamper. As well as beauty sets for Christmas and little treats bought for my self over the past few months I've accumulated a rather large amount of bath and body products and many baths to distract me from my January depression has allowed me to try quite a few of them. 

Soap and Glory, one of my all time favourite brands to go to for body products, a range of different products and scents means there's certainly something for everyone. Despite my love of citrus I wasn't expecting to love their Sugar Crush scent, expecting it to be a little too sweet but I was wrong, I love it! It's fresh and zingy and has an almost nutty, indescribable scent. My favourite are the body scrub and wash but I also love the body butter.The scrub is great because it has a slightly oily texture that leaves the skin feeling really nourished and makes the scrub feel much gentler on the skin. 

Another great body scrub is the Ritual's Fortune Scrub, unusual that is lathers into a foamy, soapy scrub and great for it's fresh, subtle scent. It leaves skin smooth, soft and moisturised and has to be my favourite scrub of all time! The tube packaging also makes it hassle free as you don't have to be struggling with annoying screw top lids while attempting to scoop out product- a huge pet hate of mine.  

For smooth soft skin and a great product to use after exfoliating I love the Caudalie Nourishing Body lotion. It's light and quickly absorbed making a great option for mornings but is still extremely hydrating, leaving my skin feeling soft for hours.       

A more unusual option for a moisturiser has to be The body Shop's Vanilla shimmering body lotion, unfortunately they no longer sell this scent but offer very similar products. A great moisturiser that gives a nice shimmer to the skin, perfect for parties and a particular favourite of mine in the summer months.