Friday, 5 December 2014

MY WINTER MAKEUP ROUTINE





My makeup routine has seen a big change lately and I've really been loving the products I'm using so I thought I'd share them with you all.

For nearly the past three months I've been using The Laura Mercier, foundation primer everyday under my foundation and I just can't get enough of it! It leaves my skin smooth and soft, a perfect base for my foundation and gives my skin a healthy glow that lasts all day. Plus, the best thing about this tube of goodness, I've never known my foundation last so long, it's great and I can't imagine never having a tube in my makeup stash from now on.

For foundation I couldn't resist giving into the hype and trying LOreal's True match foundation, with a huge and I mean HUGE selection of shades it's great if your like me and struggle to find the perfect match, though ironically I haven't quite found my true match but it's a close enough match to get away with wearing it. It gives a very natural, skin like finish (not too dewy, not too matte) and lasts well throughout the cold, windy days we've been having. Another great thing about this foundation is how easy it is to blend, it takes literally seconds to achieve a flawless base, that looks great when applied with the Real Techniques buffing brush.

To finish of my face I've been loving a range of different products. First blush. When it comes to my cheeks it has to be cream, always has been and I've been using the Bourjois Cream blush, in the shade sweet cherry constantly.  It's a slightly darker shade, perfect for the winter and adds a really pretty flush to the cheeks. For a bit of colour I've been loving the bronze shade from the Naked Flushed palette from Urban decay. It's such a gorgeous, natural shade that is great when used as a contour. In winter, especially in the lead up to Christmas I love a lot of highlighter and I've really been loving the shade from yet another face palette, this one from Sleek. It gives a really pretty, frosty glow to the cheeks and it looks so pretty. 

On my lips has mainly been tubs and tubes of different lip balms because the colder weather has made them so sore and dry. Any recommendations or tips? But when I do wear something it's surprisingly been a browny nude, thanks to Lily Melrose who is forever my makeup inspiration, and the shade I've been loving is Nude Delight from Rimmel.

I'm going to leave my eyes for another post because I've got a few things to talk about and with it being Christmas time (whoop whoop) I've been using it as an excuse to try some different looks. So keep an eye out for those in the next few weeks...










4 comments:

  1. That Naked palette looks so lovely, need to add it to my collection!

    www.saltandchic.com // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth buying, haven't stopped using since I bought it.

      Delete
  2. Have been looking for the perfect lippy shade for this season so will have to check out that Rimmel one!
    Sarah-Jane xo
    www.vmgirl.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth a try. It's so natural but still a little different from most nudes. x

      Delete

What do you think? I read and appreciate all your comments...