Tuesday, 21 October 2014

HOW'S IT HANGING? - Checks and Stripes






When it comes to patterns and prints it can be difficult to find a piece that you are confident enough to wear, I'm definitely of guilty of buying something with a brave pattern and never having the confidence to wear it and sometimes no matter how much you love something, it still ends up sitting in your wardrobe, being forgotten about. If you want to ease yourself into prints, checks and stripes are a good place to start and if your still nervous I'd recommend starting with colours that are easy to style, such as a monochrome colour scheme. Black and white are always easy to wear and go with everything. If your avoiding prints because you don't think you'll wear them, then buy something you know you'll wear, like a T-shirt or even a scarf.
Here are some pieces I love and are great for people like me, who love patterns, but struggle wearing them-

  • First up is a checked blouse from ASOS which is a slightly more daring option but parred with something simple like skinny jeans and converse, you have a perfect outfit. Or wear under a chunky knit jumper with just the collar showing for something more subtle.
  • Next is a stripped T-shirt from H&M which I bought for those days when I don't want to think about my outfit but it has become one of my favourite  T-shirts and one of my most worn.  Despite being a simple print the thin stripes and grey colours mean it's still a little different to your usual stripe T-shirt and I find the boxy shape very flattering on my figure.
  • The latest addition to my collection (hence the tags)  is this Asos checked sleeveless blazer. The length means it's perfect for layering and I can't wait to wear it under an oversized coat and over a slogan Tee. 

   











3 comments:

  1. love love love the asos blouse! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/10/modelling-with-motel-rocks.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, honey! What do you think about follow each other via bloglovin? If you want, just follow me there and I'll follow you back! http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3947784

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I read and appreciate all your comments...