Sunday, 12 October 2014

AUTUMN LIPS- THE REDS






The first thing I think of when I hear the word Autumn? Red lips, especially the berry shades! I rarely wear a bold lip in the warmer months so my favourite red shades have become reserved for the Autumn months.

First up is Rimmel's Kate Moss lipstick in the shade 001. It's no secret that when it comes to the drugstore Rimmel are great at lip products and their Kate moss collection is no acceptation. The formula is long lasting and feels nice on the lips. I love this shade, it's on the more berry side of red which make it perfect for Autumn/ winter.

Next I've chosen a more traditional shade of red, a Rimmel Apocalips in the shade Bang Bang.  When I first bought this I didn't get all the hype, but it turns out it was how I was applying it that was the problem. I was using it like a lipgloss which just ended in red gloop all over my face and teeth (no...I'm not kidding) but the second time I used a lip brush and applied thin, even layers until I was happy with it and it lasted hours and didn't budge. My only complaint would be that because of the matte finish your lips feel really dry.

A product that exceeded my expectations was The Ultimate Volume lipgloss from SEVENTEEN in the shade very berry. As the name suggests this is a gorgeous berry shade, not the most pigmented but easy to build and gives the lips a nice stain.

What will you be wearing on your lips this Autumn?









2 comments:

  1. Some great lipstick choices, I love wearing red for this time of year, I always reach for the Kate Moss 101 I love a vampy red, bright ones don't seam to suit me as much. I love the look of Bang Bang still not tried this. Great post xx
    Danielle ||Miss Sunshine & Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a thing for red lipsticks and I can't help it. Great review dear.
    xo

    www.kelpasdiary.com

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I read and appreciate all your comments...