Tuesday, 29 July 2014

SUNKISSED HAIR - perfect summer hair












  I've mentioned before that I have ombre hair, going from a dark blonde down to a light platinum but it was beginning to fade after a few months and my hair had grown enough that it wasn't so noticeable anymore. Despite having ombre for a while I still hadn't grown tired of it but with it being summer I wanted to try a more natural and less harmful approach to dying it.

 L'Oreal's casting sunkiss jelly seemed a perfect option as it claims to lighten hair for a natural, sun kissed look while being less harmful with no ammonia and nourishing with camella oil. I have to admit I was a little sceptical about using this product and wasn't expecting much of a result but I thought, because of the price, it was worth a try. I managed to get 3 applications out of one bottle (baring in mind I only applied this towards the ends of my hair) which I applied over three days. For the first two applications I left it to dry naturally but for the third I used a hairdryer and after washed my hair using a purple shampoo to prevent brassiness. After applying I found my hair felt dry and crusty but after washing the product didn't seem to make any permanent damage. I found this product did lighten my hair, leaving me with a naturally lightened look but it was still subtle enough that I didn't have to be precise with application. I liked the colour my hair ended up as but I don't think it made a big enough difference to use instead of normal hair colorants, I found it just enhanced my existing ombre, which, for me, was perfect.

In order to help neutralise brassiness I used PRO:VOKE touch of silver, purple shampoo. After one wash I saw a noticeable difference in my hair, it hadn't just prevented brassiness from the lightening jelly but it had neutralised it from my previous ombre and had even helped with some of the natural, orange tones in my hair. I have to be honest, I was scared to use this product as it is such a deep purple and I had visions of me having slightly purple hair after washing it, which is probably why they advise you don't use this everyday, but my hair looked and felt great! It left my hair so soft and helped with product build up as well as unwanted colour.

A product I've loved ever since I first coloured my hair is the Aussie, coloured protection, shine serum and after using the lightening jelly and purple shampoo I wanted to insure my hair looked healthy and shiny so I applied the serum on the ends of my wet hair. It was no surprise my hair felt soft and smooth and looked to healthy after using this product because, for one, Aussie has never disappointed me, and, for two, this serum is amazing! The smell is simply intoxicating and has that typical Aussie scent and the serum is so light weight you don't have to worry about it weighing your hair down!

All-in-all these three products left my hair looking naturally highlighted, amazingly healthy and feeling soft, smooth and sleek! Giving me my perfect sunkissed hair!

    





2 comments:

  1. nice products <3

    x Maria
    Let me know what you think of MY NEW HIGH RISE SHORTS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried the Aveda colour conserve products? They're amazing for coloured hair!!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I read and appreciate all your comments...